Our restorative dentistry services
Fix your oral health issues with our restorative dentistry in plano
Restorative dentistry includes procedures which help preserve the natural condition of your mouth. At Shifa Dental, we offer various dental services when it comes to restorative dentistry, such as crowns, implants, bridges, dental fillings, dentures, and root canal therapy.
Depending on your specific issue, you may need one or more of the following restorative dentistry procedures.
Common Restorative Dentistry Procedures:
- Crowns: A crown may be required to cover a tooth that already has a dental filling, to join a bridge, to restore a broken tooth, or to protect a tooth from breaking. Crowns work as a cap to increase the strength, improve the appearance, and/or to provide a normal size and shape to one’s tooth.
- Implants: Missing teeth can be embarrassing for many people. Today, people prefer to improve their appearance, mitigate their embarrassment, and correct missing teeth by getting a dental implant. This is a procedure in which root of the tooth is replaced by a material. Implants provide a strong base for a permanent tooth or a removable one.
- Bridges: Dentists use bridges when a patient is missing one or more teeth. These act as a medium to bridge the gap left between teeth due to missing teeth. Bridges help maintain your oral health by removing the space created by missing teeth, which could otherwise become a source of several issues.
- Fillings: In cases where a part of a tooth has decayed, your Plano dentist will clear out the affected part; then fill this area with a substance. This substance may be gold, silver, glass or any other material. This process is known as filling.
- Dentures: Dentures are an alternative for natural teeth and are removable. Generally, dentures are a great option for patients who have lost all or almost all of their teeth. Dentures may be partial or a full set; in either of the two cases, patients should still take care of their dentures with proper oral hygiene just like they would with their natural teeth.
- Root Canal Therapy: If a tooth is severely infected or decayed, your Plano dentist may advise root canal therapy. During a root canal, the insides of your tooth are cleaned to remove the infectious bacteria.